1. At all times during your event the hired items remain the property of Ellis Events.
2. Whilst the items are on hire the hirer has sole responsibility for them and shall be responsible for the items and insurance thereof from the time of acceptance until the goods have been returned to Ellis Events in a satisfactory condition.
3. The owner, Ellis Events shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons or their property, however sustained, arising from the goods on hire.
4. A non refundable booking fee of 15% is payable to secure the booking.
5. Final payment and details are required 4 weeks in advance of the event. Once the final invoice has been paid we cannot issue refunds on any items that are no longer required but can exchange items subject to stock availability.
6. At the time of final payment, a refundable security deposit sum of £100 is payable in addition to the hire charges. This is only used in the event that any damages occur to any of our hire items or if Ellis Events provided extra decorations not previously communicated by the hirer, for example, if the Hirer had not accounted for extra chair covers or extra table decorations these may be provided at our discretion and the cost deducted from the security deposit. Please provide us with your bank details for return of the security deposit via email.
7. If any details on your booking form or invoice are incorrect then please inform us immediately. Ellis Events will only accept changes to an order from the lead contact/s via email, telephone or post. We will not be held responsible for any duties that are not carried out due to incorrect information on the above forms.
8. Final numbers for hired items should be made clear to Ellis Events 4 weeks before the event. We will allow for slight adjustments to your original estimate as we understand that it is difficult to predict exact guest numbers before this time, we are generally able to accommodate increases on original estimates. We cannot guarantee that sudden increases in numbers at the last minute can always be accommodated.
9. Ellis Events reserves the right to use any photography of events for social media promotional purposes unless otherwise advised by the hirer.
10. Goods must be ready for collection at the agreed location at the correct date and time. A charge is made for an aborted delivery/collection by the courier and Ellis Events where the venue/customer is at fault.
11. Payment of your deposit and signature on your booking form, is deemed as you having read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of hire. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like clarification on any of the above items.
12. Unless we have agreed all hire items are for indoor use only.
13. All prices quoted that say delivery and collection included are based on collection the following day. If an evening/night collection is required this will incur an extra charge.
14. Once you have booked our hire items we cannot offer them to another client, therefore, cancellation of any items after your booking has been confirmed will incur a percentage fee of the total paid.
Less than 1 year – 25% of total paid
Less than 6 months – 50% of total paid
Less than 2 months – 75% of total paid
Less than 6 weeks – 100% of total paid (possible exchange subject to stock availability)
15. In adverse weather conditions such as snow and ice, it is Ellis Events decision not to deliver/setup hired goods to the venue if it jeopardises the safety of our staff. Ellis Events will endeavour to get the hired goods to the venue and exhaust every option that is available before cancellation of the booking. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure the hired goods are insured for such incidences.
16. Payment of your booking fee and signature on your booking form, is deemed as you having read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of hire.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like clarification on any of the above items.